Hey there. You’re here, on our new fancy schmancy website!
Thanks for stopping by. I’m Ashley, the founder and curator of The Anthropology Of Giving.
It’s a tad scary for me to be putting my heart and soul out here on the internet. I love, and believe deeply in what I do, but this is super public, and not everyone is as nice online as I’d like.
Remember that thing called Karma? Keep it in mind while you’re hanging about here (well actually, keep it in mind always).
Kindness is super super cool, you know...
The A of G is all about spreading good, sharing real life, creating community, building connections, and, of course, giving mindfully.
Giving is Living.
Here are a few things I like to do to make my world a little brighter, perhaps you want to try a few of them out:
- Smile and say hi to a complete stranger when you pass them on the sidewalk (look them in the eyes when you do it).
- Tape a note or card to your neighbour’s door telling them how awesome they are (for no reason at all). I especially like to do this secretly, and not sign my name… They always seem to find out it’s me though.
- Let a rushed and flustered looking person go ahead of you at the grocery store.
- Hand-write and mail a letter, instead of sending an email or text.
- Every time you light or blow out any candle make a wish.
- Compliment a stranger (without being creepy and freaking them out).
- Skip for a block instead of walking (it’s super fun).
- When you’re in line for coffee, ask the person behind you what they want, order for them and pay for it.
- Enjoy the small moments amongst what can be a ridiculously busy life. Take a deep breath of fresh air when you step outside. Notice the sun, the moon, the stars (Mother Nature is totally rad).
- Play one of your favourite songs and dance around your home like no one is watching. Music soothes the soul.
Be a good person. Pay it forward. Treat others how you want to be treated. Be awesome.
That’s all for now.
Sending love, laughter & light out to all of you.